Sunday, September 26, 2010

Logan's New Hat

I taught myself to knit a little over a year ago, and I'm pretty addicted. I haven't had a lot of time to knit since Logan came along, but I'm starting to be able to get back into it. I'm definitely still a novice. I have learned, however, that even if a pattern looks super complicated, if I'll just start doing it, I can usually figure it out. One of the best sites for learning how to knit is knittinghelp.com. They have videos and instructions for pretty much everything you would ever need to know.
I kind of made up this pattern because I couldn't find just a plain hat pattern for free. I think it turned out pretty well, although I did make it kinda long. The cutie wearing it makes it look good. :)






You can't see the hat too well in this one (our living room is super dark!), but his smile is so cute, I had to share it. :)












I love the colors! I ended up making it a little smaller than I intended so I'm not sure it'll still fit him this winter, but I do have enough yarn left to make him a larger one if I need to. Now I'm working on a pink one for my new niece due in November.







And while I had the camera out, I had to snap a picture of my handsome (big) little guy. I bought this shirt for him when he was about six months old and couldn't wait until he was big enough to wear it (it's a 3T). Unfortunately he's already almost in 4T so it's just about too small. :( Perhaps it'll be cool enough now for him to wear it a few times before he outgrows it completely.
By the way, he gets the whole not smiling for pictures thing from his daddy. :-/


No comments:

Post a Comment