Saturday, July 31, 2010

I have an idea

I'm not sure where Gehrig picked this phrase up, but he says it randomly and frequently. Today we were playing with his blocks and his little wooden "block train" (I'm not sure what else to call it--it's a train that has pegs that you can stack blocks on to make the different cars). Gehrig is very picky that the blue blocks go on the blue pegs, and the red ones go on the red pegs, but the last car has yellow pegs and there are only green blocks to go on it. He said, "Oh no, there's no green car." We've had this discussion many times, but he refuses to accept the fact that he's just going to have to put the green blocks on the yellow pegs. I was going to explain it yet again when he said, "I have an idea!" He began digging through his other blocks and pulling out green ones. "I build another car!" He declared.

On a different note, he's been very whiney lately when he wakes up from his nap (probably because he plays around in his bed for an hour and a half before he goes to sleep thus getting less than half of his normal nap), and he's been wanting lots of snuggles. It's very hard to tell him no, no matter what I'm doing, when he comes to me and says, "You wanna hold me, Mommy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment