Monday, February 25, 2013

my quotable kids


I've started compiling all the cute quotes I've posted on Facebook over the years. This is the first installment--I want to keep compiling but I need to get to bed. Hopefully I'll have time for more tomorrow.


September 21, 2009
- Gehrig is taking handfuls of green beans off his daddy's plate and throwing them in the trash. Daddy is not protesting.

December 24, 2009
- Gehrig's counting goes something like "1-2-4-4-5!" or "2-5-4!" (it always ends in an exclamation point because he's usually counting down to jumping off something)

January 9, 2010
- Liz just took pictures of Gehrig's disaster, and when she showed them to him, he exclaimed, "hey! I cute!"

January 24, 2010
- The SWEETEST thing: Gehrig said, "Baby cover up?" Liz didn't know what baby he was talking about so she just said, "Is the baby cold?" He came over, pulled her shirt up, felt her belly, and said, "Belly cold?" Such a good big brother!

January 29, 2010
- Gehrig just came into the kitchen wearing Liz's shoes, and said, "My goodness, I'm cute!"

February 21, 2010
- Liz tried to explain to Gehrig that God put the moon and stars in the sky, but he is convinced that Daddy did it.

February 24, 2010
- Liz told Gehrig he's getting his hair trimmed tomorrow, and he said no, he wants his hair to "pop." She's not quite sure what that means.

April 27, 2010
- Liz and Gehrig were looking at books at the Christian bookstore, and Gehrig kept taking books off the shelf, looking at them, and putting them back. Finally he exclaimed, "I can't find Jesus!"

August 18, 2010
- Gehrig's quotables of the day: "I not going to church! I quit!" (he was just being obstinate--he loves church) and "How we get God down from there, Daddy?" (when Mike explained that God is way up in the sky)

August 20, 2010
- Gehrig's version of Old Macdonald: "Macdonald had a sheep, E-I-E-I-O. Sheep everywhere, E-I-E-I-O. Moo-moo somewhere, moo-moo somewhere, E-I-E-I-O."

August 27, 2010
- *sigh* Now Gehrig suddenly and inexplicably has a fever of 101.7. Liz figured out he didn't feel well when the poor baby came into the kitchen and said, "Can you show me what's wrong with me?"

September 10, 2010
- When we drove past a car lot that had a bunch of balloons, Gehrig yelled, "I can have those balloons! I can hub 'em! And Queeze 'em!"

September 15, 2010
- Liz was in the attic looking for the jumperoo (which she still can't find--where is that thing?), when Gehrig yelled up to her, "Mommy, are you in the sky seeing God?"

December 10, 2010
- So in the past week Logan has rolled off the couch, rolled into the fireplace, pulled Gehrig's trash can over on top of himself, rolled over to the TV and chewed on the cables, rolled under the Christmas tree and tried to eat the branches, and pulled Gehrig's chair down on top of himself. Guess it's time to baby-proof the house a little better. Or buy a cage (like on Please Don't Eat the Daisies).

December 16, 2010
- Liz was showing Gehrig her and Mike's wedding pictures, and he said, "Look, there's Mommy when you were princess!"

December 21, 2010
- A commercial for a Sponge Bob toy just came on, and Gehrig said, "I can't get that for Christmas. It's yucky. I can get clean toys for Christmas." :) That's my boy! --Liz
- Gehrig saw Liz's glass pitcher sitting on the counter and said, "Hey! I put wa-wer in that. Then I put flowers in it. That's how I do it."

January 1, 2011
- Gehrig just very gently pulled Logan away from the computer cord and nicely told him, "No, no, Wogan, you know better than that."

January 16, 2011
-- Apparently Logan thinks that since he slept for ten minutes in the car, he doesn't need a nap. :-\ On a funnier note, Liz was reading Gehrig's Sunday School paper, and she asked Gehrig, "Do you remember what John said to Jesus?" And he said, "Uh-huh. 'Be quiet.'" :)

January 19, 2011
- Gehrig and Mike are watching Star Trek, and Liz just heard Gehrig ask, "Daddy, is that Q?"

February 11, 2011
- Gehrig: "This juice isn't helping." Liz: "Isn't helping what?" Gehrig: "My nose." Liz: "Well, I don't think juice really helps noses." Gehrig: "Kind of."
- Gehrig's bedtime prayer tonight: "Hey, God, help Daddy at work and to make TV and the satellite.Thank you for Buzz and Woody. I love you, God!"

February 20, 2011
- Logan's new word is "na-na" which he says while trying to reach electrical outlets.

February 25, 2011
- Gehrig was a horror at the grocery store this evening, and when I told him he was in big trouble when we got home, he promised to be a good boy. He said, "See, I'm being a good boy! Look at this smile!" (He did not keep that promise, by the way, and is now going to bed without his binky for the first time) 

March 12, 2011
- Gehrig and I were talking about his learning to drive when he's older, and he said, "I'll take you wherever you want to go. Take you home, take you to the store, take you to the fire station."

March 17, 2011
- Gehrig put his underwear on all by himself and came into the living room announcing, "I put my legs in the right order!"

March 19, 2011
- When Gehrig grows up he wants to be a fireman and "help people from fire," drive an "andulance" and help people when they're hurt, and be a policeman and help people when they're lost. Is anyone else noticing a trend? He's the sweetest kid ever.

March 23, 2011
- Mike: "You're just a little tornado." Gehrig: "You're a little tomato!"

March 24, 2011
- "I'm starvenous!" ~ Gehrig

March 27, 2011
- Gehrig was "being-tend" to go to Toy Story on Ice again, and he asked me for some "tickets." I gave him a couple of expired coupons, and he carried them around all evening. He took them to bed with him, and as I was getting ready to turn out the light, he was studying them and announced, "I'm freakin' out about these tickets." ~ Liz

April 3, 2011
- Gehrig found the bathroom scale in our bedroom and said, "Hey! Grandma Bonnie bought that! You put your footses on it, and it tells you what time it is." :)

April 8, 2011
- "I love you, Mommy, but I have to fight Captain Hook." --Gehrig

April 9, 2011
- After a long series of "why" questions, I exasperatedly exclaimed, "Why, why, why!" Gehrig calmly answered, "No, just why." And then when I was getting him some animal crackers, he said, "I want too many!" 

April 24, 2011
- I was giving Gehrig and Logan a bath this evening, and I poured some water over Logan's head. Gehrig said, "Don't do that! Would you like it if I poured water over your head?"

April 25, 2011
- "I do every good thing I ever wanna do. Throw the garbage away, give Logan his binky, fight him with swords." ~ Gehrig

No comments:

Post a Comment