Sunday, January 30, 2011

Crazy Busy

I have about five blog post ideas running around in my head, but I just haven't had time to write any of them. As you may know, I've started my own mini-business, Baby Beanies, and I've been staying super busy with custom orders. As a matter of fact, this is the first chance I've had to take a break from knitting in a few weeks! I do have two more orders, but one is from my mom and the other is from my friend and neither of them need the stuff until April. I'm hoping I get a few days to make some in-stock items for the store, but I'll welcome more orders too. :)
Besides the whole Baby Beanies thing, I've also gotten a part-time job. It's super part-time--only a few hours every other week or so--but it's something. Also I'm kind of an alternate so I might be called in more often. I feel great about making some more extra money, and I'm so excited to be saving up money to go back to Singapore for a visit!
And then I also have my duties at home to keep me busy. At first I was kind of overwhelmed, but then I realized work begets work. The busier I am, the more energy I seem to have and the more work I get done. I actually FINALLY cleaned out the drum room so the only thing in there now is Mike's drumset.
I like to read through Proverbs 31 every so often to remind myself what kind of woman I'm aspiring to be, and as I was reading it last week, I had a revelation. Maybe I'm the only one who thought this way, but it always seemed to me like the Proverbs 31 woman did all the stuff she did effortlessly, like life was so easy for her and she happily took care of her family and did all the extra things she did. But I realized that it doesn't matter who you are, being a wife and mother is hard work. I don't think the Proverbs 31 woman was happy all the time, and I really don't think she did all of her jobs effortlessly. I think she really had to work at being the "Proverbs 31 woman."
I guess it's kind of silly, but realizing that made me feel better. I know I'll probably never completely be a "Proverbs 31 woman," but the very fact that I'm aspiring and working towards it brings me that much closer.
And here I go back to my knitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment